We’re building & selling software that is fixing real problems and making the entire economy slightly more efficient.
But it would be so much better if you were part of the team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re located in
the sharpest office in SE Portland (including hand-crafted carbonated water on tap, rooftop patio and a full hardware prototyping shop) many of the finest basements & spare room home offices in Portland with a team of super-smart developers, marketers and sales people who love being here.
Our leadership team includes a Brit and a German, so we have a European attitude to work-life balance and a progressive attitude towards team lunches.
We’d love you to join us.
Company covers 100% of healthcare (including dental) premiums for all employees. Silver plan through Regence Blue Cross.
DealPoint is 100% self-funded and operates in the black, so we’re able to offer competitive salaries while staying 100% focused on making fantastic software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
People from different backgrounds are more likely to approach problems differently. With that wider perspective, our team is more likely to perform better.
When we say part of the company, we mean it. Generous equity options available.
Flexible Paid Time Off
Four weeks paid time off to start, up to six weeks after two years. We just believe people work better if they’ve got some balance.
401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match.
Senior UX Engineer
Job ref: FRT-201404
We deliver delightful features to our customers via well-designed, consistent, and engaging user experiences.
We’re looking for a senior user experience engineer who can bridge the gap between a designer comps and fully functional front-end components ready for production. We also push CSS to the max, using it to build dynamic content real-time rendered into PDFs; it’s truly world-class engineering.
As part of an eight-developer team, you’ll have a huge impact on the application’s direction as well the opportunity to write plenty of code.
We follow Agile development principles and our front end stack is TypeScript, React, and SASS (backend is Typescript + Kotlin/Java).
This is a full-time position including competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
Please no agencies.
Who you are
- Great communicator & team player who sees a team win as the only win that counts
- Excited to make a big impact as part of a startup team
- Driven to figure out the solution, even if that means learning something new or spending time in front of the whiteboard
- Passionate about applying well-researched UX paradigms to build beautiful UI that resolves actual user pains through mindful design
- Overall implementation of the DealPoint user experience
- Understand target audience preferences, skill set, and familiar UX paradigms/patterns; apply those for general UX analysis, user-centered design, and component architecture
- Design and implement responsive web-based UI that works across a variety of devices and screen sizes
- Provide a set of reusable, consistent user interaction components as well as a design guide to the rest of the team
- Design and implement component interactions via efficient code (SCSS/TypeScript/React)
- Write lean markup, style declarations, and code, following established design principles and patterns
- Via pair programming, guide other engineers on the team in correct UX implementation
- Implement automatically testable user interface components
- Establish and support the development of accessible and keyboard-driven UX
Skills / Experience
- Enterprise App UX: DealPoint is an enterprise single-page application with a ton of interactions across multiple user roles. You can show experience working on complex apps with lots of moving parts.
- REST APIs and Websockets: While you’ll be focused on the front-end, you must understand the backend communication channels we use.
- Required UX Technology: Exceptional CSS and React skills, experience with SVG, SPAs, as well as responsive, cross-device UX implementation
- Tools: Expertise in UX design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD as well as component prototyping tools such as Storybook
- Great to have: TypeScript, SCSS, a11y, i18n
Additional Application Instructions
Please email the following to email@example.com
- A short note on why you’d like to work with us and/or why you love startups
- Your LinkedIn / Angel.co / resume
- Github profile or other place where we can see some real code examples (home / hobby projects are OK)