We’re building & selling software that is fixing real problems and making the entire economy slightly more efficient.
But it would be so much better if you were part of the team.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our leadership team includes a Brit and a German, so we have a European attitude to work-life balance and a progressive attitude towards team lunches.
We’d love you to join us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Paid Time Off
Senior Front End Engineer
Job ref: FRT-201014
We solve real-world sales problems for our customers and our customers’ customers via delightful, well-designed, and engaging software.
We’re looking for a senior front end engineer who can bridge the gap between a designer’s comps and fully functional front-end components ready for production. We also push CSS to the max, using it to build dynamic content rendered to beautiful PDF brochures in real-time.
As part of an eight-developer team, you’ll have a huge impact on the application’s direction as well as the opportunity to write plenty of code.
We follow Agile development principles and our front-end stack is TypeScript, React, and TypeStyle (backend is Kotlin/PostgreSQL).
This is a full-time position including competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
Please no agencies.
Who you are
- Front-end engineer with strong UX vocabulary and pride in delivering consistent, delightful user experiences
- Great communicator & team player who sees a team win as the biggest win
- Excited to make a big impact as part of a startup team
- Driven to figure out the solution, even if that means learning something new or spending time in front of the whiteboard
- In close collaboration with our UX designer, deliver a set of reusable, consistent user interaction components that result in a UI delightful to use and to build
- Design and implement these component via efficient code (TypeStyle/TypeScript/React) following established design principles and patterns
- Via pair programming, guide other engineers on the team in correct UX implementation
- Implement automatically testable user interface components
Skills / Experience
- Enterprise App UX: Show experience working on complex apps with lots of moving parts.
- REST APIs and Websockets: While you’ll be focused on the front-end, you must understand the backend communication channels we use.
- Required UX Technology: Exceptional CSS and React skills, experience with SVG, SPAs, as well as responsive, cross-device UX implementation
- Tools: Comfortable in UX design software such as Sketch or Adobe XD as well as component prototyping tools such as Storybook
- Great to have: TypeScript, SCSS, a11y, i18n
Additional Application Instructions
Please email the following to email@example.com
- A short note on why you’d like to work with us and/or why you love startups
- Your LinkedIn / Angel.co / resume
- Github profile or other place where we can see some real code examples (home / hobby projects are OK)