First we talk to the market,
then we build the software,
then we get people to buy it.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re located in the sharpest office in SE Portland (including hand-crafted carbonated water on tap, rooftop patio and a full hardware prototyping shop) with a team of super-smart developers, marketers and sales people who love being here.
Our leadership team includes a Brit and a German, so we have a European attitude to work-life balance and a progressive attitude towards team lunches.
We’d love you to join us.
Company paid healthcare for all employees.
We’re here to make the economy slightly more efficient, but everyone has to eat.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that people from different backgrounds are more likely to have different approaches; and by sharing in that wider perspective, our team is more likely to perform better.
When we say part of the company, we mean it. Generous equity options available.
Flexible Paid Time Off
Four weeks paid time off to start, up to six weeks after two years. We just believe people work better if they’ve got some balance.
Training and Development
Paid learning time, and great opportunities to advance inside the company as your skills grow.
Come build delightful software with us
Job ref: DEV-181111
We’re building delightful, actually-useful software with modern tools to fix real economy-wide problems for mid-market sales teams.
We have a strong team and the company is profitable but we need to deliver faster, so we’re looking for a mid-to-senior enterprise application developer who wants to flex their creative skills and make their mark on a company.
Taking on a leadership role with software architecting and modeling, you’ll be reporting directly to our CTO. You’ll also get to write plenty of code as part of a five-developer team.
Our stack: Kotlin, TypeScript, React, webpack, Docker, Gradle, PostgreSQL, CI
This is a full-time position including competitive salary, equity and benefits.
Who you are
- Great communicator & team player who gets a kick out of seeing peers succeed just as much as getting a win yourself
- Driven to figure out the solution, even if that means learning something new or picking up a pencil to do some math
- Understands and applies pair programming, SOLID principles, DRY and YAGNI and actually prefers TDD/BDD over any other approach
Skills / Experience
- Language: Experience with both functional and object-oriented patterns in any C-like language or ES6, plus a willingness to learn Kotlin and React
- Database: Optimized the execution time of a query to some sort of database (relational, document, column, distributed)
- Engineering: Able to perform computational complexity assessments of one’s own and other people’s code
- Architecture: Can conceptualize and visualize the flow of data between components, processes, and computers over time and explain it to others
- DevOps: Experience with containerized deployments & the JVM environment (nice to have, not required)
Additional Application Instructions
Please email the following to email@example.com
- A short note on why you’d like to work with us and/or why you love startups
- Your LinkedIn / Angel.co / resume
- Github profile or other place where we can see some real code examples (home / hobby projects are OK)
Job ref: SEL-172212
DealPoint is looking for a sales leader to engage our customer base of sales execs and sales ops in SaaS, electronics and manufacturing.
DealPoint is an online deal room for B2B sales teams, so you’re selling a sales tool to sales people. Think of it as talking shop with your peers and sharing some best practices that will help them close more sales.
This is a three month, full-time contract position with the goal of hiring into a permanent senior position (including equity and benefits) at the end of the contract. Compensation is base + commission.
Who you are
- Great communicator & team player who gets a kick out of seeing peers succeed just as much as getting a win yourself.
- The kind of sales person who sees themselves in the customer. This should be easier than normal since the customer is also in sales.
- Driven to meet goal even it that means doing the less fun stuff like picking up the phone.
What you can do
You should have experience being handed a revenue goal, then writing a sales plan that meets that revenue and making it happen.
|Prospecting||Marketing will provide names and we have an SDR infrastructure in place at your disposal, you’ll be responsible for converting those names into meetings via email and phone.|
|Selling||DealPoint is pretty simple software, but you’ve got to be good at the actual selling part: delivering that compelling, urgent value prop so the prospect says “Yes!”, not “Lemme think about it”|
|Closing||It’s a short sales cycle, but you’re responsible for your pipeline and keeping up on everyone. Luckily you’ll have DealPoint, so it’ll be a little easier than normal.|
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the above job reference as your subject line
- A short note on why you’d like to work with us and/or why you love startups.
- Your LinkedIn and / or Angel.co profile